Forum for 6S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have swear words lost their meaning over time?

5 posters

Go down

Have swear words lost their meaning over time? Empty Have swear words lost their meaning over time?

Post  belfordrocks Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:02 pm

Just throwing this out to all of you...

Have swear words lost their meaning over time? Nowadays five or fix year olds are saying it, and none of the swear words have kept their true meaning. Have we, as a community, heard them so much we've been desensitised to them?

E.G. 'Fuck you' is now just an enhanced way of saying 'I Somewhat dislike you at this moment'.

Honestly. Have we?

Discuss away.
belfordrocks
belfordrocks

http://www.railpage.com.au/f-f58.htm

Back to top Go down

Have swear words lost their meaning over time? Empty Re: Have swear words lost their meaning over time?

Post  INTIMACY Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:46 am

haha we call richard gay even though he isn't gay...or is he >>"
INTIMACY
INTIMACY

Back to top Go down

Have swear words lost their meaning over time? Empty Re: Have swear words lost their meaning over time?

Post  cloudier Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:20 pm

'Fuck you' hasn't lost its meaning: it was always slang, because it literally means 'to have sex'. But yes, we have probably become desensitized to it. Just another word added to our vocabulary.

cloudier

Back to top Go down

Post  iDesmarchlier-Fag Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:37 pm

lol, only people like jia lu say that constantly. i say wanna fight if someones annoying me. *looks at everyone*

[offtopic]besides, who was the guy who wanted to bully others for no reason.[/offtopic]
iDesmarchlier-Fag
iDesmarchlier-Fag

http://www.wowomg.com

Back to top Go down

Post  belfordrocks Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:41 am

iDesmarchlier-Fag wrote:lol, only people like jia lu say that constantly. i say wanna fight if someones annoying me. *looks at everyone*

[offtopic]besides, who was the guy who wanted to bully others for no reason.[/offtopic]

Howard IS fat Rolling Eyes

Here boy! come here! That's the good dog! Now, sit!
belfordrocks
belfordrocks

http://www.railpage.com.au/f-f58.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  vanillaface Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:17 pm

Somewhat Interesting fact

did you know that crap is not a swear word. It is short for the word 'crapulent' meaning inebreated or hung over.
vanillaface
vanillaface

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum